Tuesday, November 9, 2010

#49 United Nations Rotary Youth Day






My son and our exchange student, Stan, flew to NYC to attend the UN Day. The boys attended the Youth Session while I took in the International component for Rotarians. I was able to catch up with several Rotarians that I know from other districts which is always fun. Especially Gabor Karsai, who took part in the NID trip to India earlier this year. I also saw DG Arnold and wife Roseanne who we met on the on our return flight, they had taken part in the NID with another group. The speakers were all amazing, their commitment and passion to their area of Rotary was truly inspirational.
At the event 41 countries and 31 states represented. I met up with four other Rotarians from my district and I can say that we all walked away from the event with more knowledge and desire to do even more.

No comments:

Post a Comment