Thursday, November 25, 2010

# 70 Burke (7610)



Several familiar faces at this club, which is great first thing in the morning.  I stayed with my cousin Lisa & family who live in Vienna.  It was nice not getting up at 4:00, leaving from my home would have required me to leave at at 4:30 and even that would not ensure an on-time arrival.

I was heartily welcomed by this small club who meets across from George Mason University.  Club members include a PDG and a DGE and club President Mary & I were both at the North Stafford club last week.  Mary has also expressed an interest in joining the Polio NID trip in January, I hope she will join us. Her husband is a member of the Alexandra club which I met on this day as well.  Another club member has a wife who is a Rotary member of a different club too, I find this interesting.  I would think spouses would be more inclined to join the same club.  I wonder what the percentage of couple Rotarians are members of the same club versus different clubs.

The speaker Professor Skillman of George Mason University, spoke about communications during the Gold Rush and made a comparison to communications in today's society, it was quite educational.  I enjoyed revisiting the history of this era.

This club does a collection each week for Polio Plus and toady raised $55, they are well on their way to hitting their goal of $2,000 for the year. Thank you very much!

Meal: $11

No comments:

Post a Comment