Tuesday, November 9, 2010

# 50 New Kent (7600)

 # 50!  A quarter of the way done.  This morning I had the pleasure to have the short drive to the Rotary Club of New Kent.  I was the speaker and asked that I wear my sari, only fitting that the meeting was also attended by my fellow club member and fashion designer Leslie Babbit-Belcher.  There were five other guests at the meeting, I liked that Nanette said it was because I was speaking.

I did have a problem with the speakers again, then was later reminded that I have to reboot each time I reconnect the speakers. I know the presentation and was easily able to speak to the video.  I liked that we were able to connect the netbook to a television, that was a first on this journey.

A member from the Innsbrook club was there to deliver flowers from one of their fundraisers.  I really appreciate seeing clubs working together and sharing ideas and events.  I also learned that Nanette an author is donating a percentage of her proceeds from her new christmas book to Polio Plus.

The breakfast was a usual fare of southern mixed with continental, the biscuits were very good.

Meal: $10

No comments:

Post a Comment