Tuesday, October 12, 2010

# 14 West Point (7610)


I had not planned to be at my own club meeting last Thursday, but the earlier events of the day, prevented me from attending the Powhatan Club, and took me back to West Point with perfect timing to attend my own meeting. I love that we have out tables set up in a U fashion so that everyone can converse. We encourage members to sit in different seats to enjoy the fellowship of all. Our club is small only 24, so we all know each other fairly well.

We don't sing, tell jokes, hand out fines or do happy dollars, but one thing we do that I have not seen yet is have an incentive gift each week. The member in charge of the week's program and invocation also brings an incentive gift (usually around $10). During the 50/50 the first ticket drawn is for the gift and a second ticket is for half of the pot (most often the member gives it back to the club for Foundation or the good of the club) it works for us.

This week's speaker was club member Paul Diggs, speaking on drinking water which I am very interested in as Chair of Clean Water & Sanitation for the district. Paul is pictured with President-Elect Leslie "Babbitt"-Belcher.

Unfortunately our caterer is moving to NJ and we are looking for a new one.
meal $6,

No comments:

Post a Comment