Wednesday, October 20, 2010

#21 Manassas Bull-Run


Ugh...I was on the road at 5:00am to make this club's 7:30 meeting, think I'll be staying w/ my friend & Rotarian, Andrea who is much closer to Northern VA. I had company this morning Chad and his friend Iggy asked to tag along so that they could go to George Mason University to check it out one more time. They were good about getting up and in the car at such an early hour.

Arriving at the location I found a Kiwanis meeting????? After verifying and re-verifying I went in, a restaurant employee must have realized by my perplexed look that I was looking for the Rotary meeting, a maze took me upstairs to where I was warmly welcomed by Tiffany Webb, who was a member assisting in RYLA. I told her that Chad & friend were in tow in the car, to which she replied bring them in. As it turns out Chad knew 4 club members from his participation in RYLA, I only knew one member.

It was omelet day, fresh omelets were made to order, while I opted for french toast the boys were happy with the eggs. There is a lot of activity in this club when it comes to community service. Today, I presented the Polio Last Hurdle video with the club and gave an update on our participation. Dabney Schneider, reviewed the Polio Plus double Paul Harris points with the club. They are a 100% sustain club, congratulations on achieving that goal.

Meal $9

No comments:

Post a Comment