Wednesday, October 6, 2010

# 7 Reston (7610)


After the ever fun driving in Northern Virginia, I arrived at a beautiful country club, home of the Reston club. The lunch was delicious; Caesar salad, Chicken Marsala, mashed potatoes and green beans, are you drooling yet?

I knew a couple of the members of this small club, only 18 in attendance, including the speaker and myself. After several jokes from President Keber, he gave me ample time to discuss the Polio Plus Challenge and my own 200/200 Challenge. With the small groups I usually have plenty of time for discussion prior to and after the meetings which is great and the members are all so very nice.

The speaker Phil Lilienthal of Global Camps Africa, spoke on the the camps and kids clubs he founded for at risk youth in South Africa. The programs provide HIV/AIDS prevention education and life skills training. He also provided some insight on HIV/AIDS prevention that I'm sure none of will soon forget.

No comments:

Post a Comment