Friday, October 15, 2010

#18 7600 District Conference Day 1





Mardi Gras has come to Norfolk. The opening lunch was launched with the nations of Flags and the colors presented by ODU's ROTC. I was surprised at how many people I already knew from the travels of the past two weeks. Bevin Wall represented President Klinginsmith speaking about the top 10 items Rotary was focused on and #1 was Polio Eradication. I had time to catch up with many and thank Governor Jane and the district for allowing me to join their conference.

The first plenary session dealt with the Foundation and gave great examples of grants, Polio Plus, EREY moments and Paul Harris Fellow, Society, etc. AG Bill Billings received his Paul Harris Society membership. Awards were given by IPDG Karlis and this district has several different awards including attendance, membership and some others. It was amazing to share their excitement. Bill Pollard introduced me during the EREY moment and I briefly explained why I support the Foundation.

The next group of Plenary sessions offered four choices with the option to attend two, I choose the two that focused on Clean Water & Sanitation, in both cases the clubs used matching grants working with more than one club in the US and each with a club in Central America.
I had the chance to chat with several clubs on my upcoming visits and speaking opportunities.

I got some good buys on Rotary apparel before checking into my room.

No comments:

Post a Comment