Thursday, October 14, 2010

# 17 Lawrenceville (7600)


I had not even heard of Lawrenceville before this quest, and this quaint village reminds me of West Point without the rivers. I'm glad that I am traveling to places that I would otherwise never visit and appreciate the uniqueness of each club.

This lively group meets in a community building, where the street did not show up on my GPS. Finding the building; I was more than 30 mins early. The caterer was setting up and welcomed me. The president was out of town and Suzy came in like a storm, hanging the banners and putting out materials, I helped as best I could. It makes me appreciate the fact that we can keep our banners hung and materials at the meeting location rather than carting them back and forth.

I was able to meet most of the members before lunch started. This food was sooo good, I wished this caterer was near West Point so she could prepare our meals. Roast Pork, potato casserole, green beans, amazing rolls & cake. I'm glad I went healthy on the breakfast so I could enjoyed the casserole.

An added treat was meeting Ann Wrenn of Emporia, her husband Bobby Wrenn is a PDG for 7600 and was involved with the Polio Plus early on. I look forward to meeting him when I travel to Emporia.

Oh and yes, I won the 50/50 drawing $15 that I will add to the Polio Plus pot. I also won two season tickets to the Lakeland Theatre, which I would absolutely love to use, but since I am 2 1/2 hours away I asked that they draw again, the member whose ticket was drawn next was very happy to say the least.

Meal $8.

No comments:

Post a Comment