Thursday, October 7, 2010

# 9 Albemarle County (7610)


What a fun lunch, set at the beautiful Boar's Head Inn in Charlottesville, I have never been to this Inn, but one I would definitely like to visit with Dan. I explained my morning mayhem to the gasps of everyone, but it was obvious that I was unscathed, and even though I did not make it to Powhatan, I did make a morning Rotary meeting, write up to come.

President Cammie was great, she told me about some of their projects which were of great interest to me. The food was delicious, I liked the menu at the head of the buffet. Now this is the first club that eats before the blessing. I sat next to the Program Chair Don and new member TJ with both I had very enjoyable conversations. The speaker facilitated a program on listening skills, having us close our eyes at one point, she didn't tell us to open when I finally opened my eyes it was obvious that everyone else had opened their eyes much sooner. Allison was quite engaging and the club had a lot of fun with the program.

I was asked to give the blessing and I loved that Cammie had some Rotary blessings printed and while I went off the cuff, I too as president had mine written in case someone wanted a prepared blessing to read. The group was receptive to my quest and one member is considering joining the NID trip to India. Cammie said the club would make a donation to Polio Plus and let me know the amount, thank you in advance.
Meal cost $21.

No comments:

Post a Comment