Wednesday, October 20, 2010

#22 Centreville (7610)


So I took the boys to the George Mason admissions office, and chatted with some people from the Study Abroad programs. The boys were taking the 10:30 tour, leaving them in the capable hands of the GMU team, I headed down the road to Centreville, where the club meets at Egg Spectation. Arriving I was sent to a room in the back. The banner was hung and some miscellaneous items on the table but know one was to be found. A short time later Charles came in, he had been making copies. Unfortunately the president was out of town and while he was not aware of my mission, he was very favorable to my attendance. PE, Catherine came in and too was very accommodating, she ran a great meeting. The speakers Lynn & Teresa from the VA Autism Project outlined the need for insurance to cover the growing medical and educational needs for Autistic children. I really enjoyed their presentation and would love to have them speak at our club.

This was the first club where we ordered off a menu and it was quite a selection, opting for healthy I went for the salad. The service at this restaurant was great, I really want to mention that as the server made a point to see that we were happy several times.

This club is small but today the guests out numbered the members for attendance. One visiting Rotarian brought information regarding a Rotaract fund raiser at George Mason University. (Glad to know that GMU has a Rotaract club) they also had two potential new members in attendance, thanks to Glennys for bringing them in and Glenda who filled us in on the Dulles Chamber Community Partnership mixer.
I very much enjoyed this small club.
Meal $12

No comments:

Post a Comment