Wednesday, October 20, 2010

# 24 KIWS Kilmarnock-Irvington-White Stone (7610)


This club has the longest name. It took a bit to figure out where it was located, but nestled in a gorgeous Adult Community this club meets in a room with a serene view of the water. Lindsy quickly greeted me and I set up the netbook. Funny thing was that President Davis from the Northern Neck Club, who works there, told her to have speakers available. The new speakers worked great. I sat with some very nice gentlemen and enjoyed the conversations. For lunch, soup was available which on a dreary damp day was really good.

I am amazed at the great questions poised by the group, some were out of my scope regarding the use of injectable over oral, but I have noted that and when I get back to the World Health Organization, I will ask why it is this way.

I was intrigued with the Kayak Festival and Expo and this club holds a Seafood Festival which sells out months in advance. They definitely know how to raise funds. President Lindsy mentioned that while the club had not made contributions to Polio Plus, they are planning to do that this year, so thank you for your support. I also want to thank you for the book to the library in my name, I think that is a wonderful way to thank a speaker. I was happy to see past president Kyle as she and I went to PETS together, and her brother is in my club.

Meal $13

No comments:

Post a Comment