Thursday, October 28, 2010

# 38 Tappahannock (7610)


This was my third meeting of the day and I was the featured speaker. Secretary Tommy Neumann was especially welcoming, letting me know he read my entire blog and was amazed at what I was doing. He is a PDG from 5180 before moving to Virginia some ten years ago. The president was in Germany so I did not have the opportunity to meet him, but they did have a Rotarian from Germany visiting the club, he has a vacation home in the area. AG Bill Croxton, led the meeting and was especially nice.

Each time I come to a new club I experience something different, first a member sang the invocation, beautiful. Next the club does a toast to a club in another country, today, Germany. I was informed that in the past they made a certificate and sent it to the clubs. What a great way of bridging continents.

After my presentation the club informed that they would make an additional $100 donation  to Polio Plus. This was very much appreciated and while they did not tell the meal cost, I am going to estimate $18. I very much like the glass, have acquired a couple and think I may have a set by the end of my journey.

No comments:

Post a Comment