Thursday, October 21, 2010

#25 Waynesboro (7570)


The first club in 7570! This large group meets at the country club where in today saw close to 10 visitors. A lovely 16 year old at my table came with her Rotarian father, who reminded the club that when she was younger always asked to go to the Rodeo meeting with him;some stories one never outlives.

I was actually late for the meal (this is a first for me on this challenge), but arrived before the meeting, But, still able to get a cup of chili and cornbread that was as sweet and moist as cake.
President Nancy was wonderful fitting me in to the meeting on short notice as she did not get the email. Like many other clubs they do the football report, I liked the twist, they have a competition for the games of the week, selecting who will win. The member with the most correct wins a prize (a football) the one with the least a booby prize, this week it went to President Nancy, a disguise so no one would recognize her :) There were also Silver Dollars tossed out for club trivia and knowing certain goals of the club.
A very nice group, I will come back after my trip to India and present a Polio Plus update.

Meal $13.

No comments:

Post a Comment