Thursday, October 14, 2010

#16 Colonial Heights (7600)


This club offered a couple of firsts, first club without name tags, they all know each other so it works, and this was the first club to meet in a lobby of a hotel (Hilton Gaden Inn), their regular room was being used (I liked the fireplace ambiance). Arriving, the hotel clerk directed me to the breakfast area where I met up with my fellow Rotarians. I was told in advance that this was going to be a good breakfast and it is my favorite hotel food to date. The selection was vast and healthy options were well available, I decided to go that route.

I learned about the club history and an upcoming fund raiser; Saturday at Applebee's the club will hold a pancake breakfast, being at the district conference, I will not be able to help at this event, but was apprised of the art fund raiser in February that I hope to work into the schedule.

President Jo offered me ample time to discuss my mission and member Jeff and fellow RLI faculty reminded all of the double Paul Harris recognition points available next week. Much to my surprise a ceramic pig was presented to the club as a fund raiser for Polio Plus, apparently this concept was brought up at a foundation meeting and Colonial Heights is going for it. Dave will keep me apprised of how they are doing with the not yet named piggy bank.

Pictured with me are President Jo Phillips, the piggy bank and Dave Mercer.

Meal $9.

1 comment:

  1. Thank you for stopping by Colleen! I'm afraid I am the only one with a name tag at our club. By the way, we meet at the Hilton Garden Inn. Come see us again! -- Jo Phillips --

    ReplyDelete