Thursday, October 7, 2010

Shot Down, But Not Out


Funny thing happened on the way to the Rotary meeting. Driving on I64 at 5:45 this morning to go to the Powhatan club, my driver's side window was shot out. Needless to say I didn't make the meeting. The State Troopers said it was probably a hunter (with bad vision or bad aim. Fortunately I was not injured and I had sense enough to calmly get off at an exit about a mile away and call 911. The troopers arrived about 25 mins after the call, and did the report, they even removed the remaining glass from the window and the Exxon Station had a vacuum to clean most of the balance.

So I'm right near where New Kent meets so before I head home I figure I can get a meeting in. Okay they meet Tuesdays not Thursday. I drive back to West Point, just in time for my own club meeting. I really wanted to hear the speaker this morning , club member Paul Diggs was speaking on water and being Clean Water & Sanitation Chair for the district I was happy to hear his presentation. It was an informative talk & I learned a lot.

Well, swapping out cars and will head to Charlottesville for the Albermarle County lunch meeting.

No comments:

Post a Comment