Wednesday, October 13, 2010

#15 Chester (7610)



Let me introduce Chester Bacon, he is on his own mission to help eradicate polio with all donations made within him. He was wearing his Rotary name badge and I was pleased to meet him. I appreciate the Chester club's creativity in an effort to help with the Polio Plus Challenge. This smaller club 31 in total meets at the Wild Rose which served up a bounty of Southern favorites, including sausage gravy, chipped beef, grits, home fries and so on...the speaker was a cardiologist speaking on heart disease and ways to prevent. I loved the chipped beef, but felt guilty listening to the speaker....but like every thing..in moderation.

President Pete Adler, again opened the floor to me and will let me know how much Chester Bacon has collected at the end of the challenge. At the door Scott & Debra were very charming. And while I didn't win the 50/50 the winning member did win both pots where in the large pot was in the neighborhood of $225, I believe.

I met two members of the Colonial Heights Club where I will be bright & early tomorrow and Jean from the Richmond club whom I had met yesterday. Additionally I had another Rotarian express an interest in participating in the NID trip to India in January.

Meal $9

No comments:

Post a Comment