Thursday, October 28, 2010

#37 Arlington (7610)


Oh La La, La Cote D'Or is magnifique! Not being familiar with Arlington, I was unaware of the amazing meal that would come from within this meeting place. But once inside, immediately knew this would not be an ordinary meal experience. Observing the linens, china and menus I knew this was a special place. I have to mention what I had; Broccolis Soup, Pork Chop Charcutiere and Raspberry and Green Apple Sorbet, it was all AMAZING!

The members were welcoming and I knew several which was particularly nice to catch up with them. President Joe gave me time right at the beginning of the meeting and so I went into my pitch for Polio Plus. People are always amazed at the scope of this challenge. I was especially pleased to know that several had gone on-line to participate in the Polio Plus double points program last week.

One fun section was the civics moment, not sure what they called it, but with 26% of this area's population in government, it is a fun way to review civics trivia. I didn't win the drawing at this club, but Lorna, who seems to win quite frequently, won today as well. One member was recognized for his "25" (not exactly sure on the number) years of perfect attendance. They also have a member with 51 years of perfect attendance, I am simply in awe of these members.

The club's Monte Carlo Night is scheduled for Oct 29th and will be a night of fun and fund-raising.
The meal cost was $25

No comments:

Post a Comment