Wednesday, October 6, 2010

# 6 Rappahannock- Fredericksburg (7610)


Another fabulous day started with the Rappahannock-Fredericksburg club. First, my Rotarian friend Janet Brown is in this club so it was a extra special to see her. The breakfast was first rate; loved the Greek yogurt with the fresh fruit. I think they have more than 10 varieties of drinks. President Lynn, was so very generous to give me not only floor time, but asked the club to donate the Happy Dollars to Polio Plus....An outstanding $202!!!!! They will be sending that in, thank you, thank you, thank you! That puts you in first place for donations. Others said they would add to Polio Plus on their own, again thank you and if you make the donation during the week of Oct 17 then you will receive double Paul Harris Recognition Points, for gifts of at least $100.

Many of this large group made a point to come and greet me, again I felt very much at home. Have to say, I noticed the basketball hoops in the hall and wondered if the club ever pushed the tables aside for a game or two.

Congratulations to Heidi and Tom who joined the club today; you have joined a great group. The Pancake Day fundraiser will be Dec 4th (I believe), so if you are nearby, please support this event, you can contact the club for more information.

Meal cost $10.

No comments:

Post a Comment