Thursday, October 21, 2010

#27 UMC Polio Plus Presenation

I am counting this as Rotarians were present and it was on the Polio Plus efforts. Last month I spoke to a Kiwansis group about my trip to India and how Rotary was involved in the Polio Eradication efforts. The club President asked me to present this to the United Methodist Church group so on Tuesday I presented my trip and what Rotary was doing. It was like a long Rotary meeting with over 60 in attendance made up of people from 4 different churches. The dinner started at 6:00 and went til almost 7:30. At which time we moved to the sanctuary where I gave my presentation. This group was great with the questions. I did wear a sari and the pictures were not taken with my camera so I am awaiting copies to add to this page. I also want to add that it looks like one of the attendees will be traveling to India with the group in January.

As for the food it was fabulous; the women of the local church all brought two pot luck dishes each that were all wonderful.

1 comment:

  1. Colleen, you and your club members have illustrated an excellent example of "Humanity in Motion"... pardon the pun. For so many children and parents a like, the social media has made them sluggish and forgetting the joys of moving their bodies and actually interacting face to face. So much more was accomplished with your club's Healthy Kids Program involvement. The list of benefits goes far beyond the physical. Thank you for sharing this idea with us.

    Under DG Ron Marion's new added initiative "Fitness" to Health and Hunger.... this is a shinning example of what he was encouraging all Rotarians to do.

    Hats off,
    D7610 Chair Health, Hunger and Fitness ...and friend...Andrea Coble!

    ReplyDelete