Saturday, October 2, 2010

# 2 Franklin (7600)



Lunch with the Franklin Club, special thanks to all the members, I think each member came up to thank me and introduce themselves, I felt very welcome here. Frances, plays beautiful music and this group can sing! For the record my club does not sing, and it could be for good reason, I know I can’t hold a tune. I updated Franklin on the Polio Plus Challenge and where RI stood, briefly reviewed my previous NID experience and gave information on the upcoming NID. I loved all the questions around Polio. And while Franklin was not the first club, they are still part of the first day of the challenge and I thank you for your support!

By the way Brian, lunch was great the barbecue was really good, not quite sure what the desert was, but it was tasty. AG, Bill Billings, thank you for matching the meal cost! President Stuart, thank you for referring me to Brian.

Donation: meal $6 and matching meal from AG $6 for a total of $12.

As I go I will try to incorporate fun facts and interesting tidbits. At the end of the 200 Days I will tabulate meals, miles traveled and a variety of transportation mode. I will try to give a top 10 list for clubs over all, food, meeting location, club spirit and giving.

Driving home from Franklin was interesting first we had to reroute as the recent rains flooded the roads. Once redirected, it was a treat to drive past cotton fields in bloom waiting to be harvested. I also had the opportunity to take a ferry in route crossing the James River.

No comments:

Post a Comment