Sunday, October 17, 2010

#20 Purple Pinkie & Polio Plus Silent Auction






The evening of Day 2 of the 7600 Conference offered two fund raisers for Polio Plus and I am making this a second event of for this day, due to the time put into each and separation of events, just as when I go to two different clubs. While we were finishing up the 2nd Polio Plus talk in the afternoon, Jerry mentioned that they would hold a Purple Pinkie fund raiser in the evening. Mind you I did not plan to stay for the evenings events, but was asked to help with the silent auction for Polio Plus, so I couldn't say no.

First the Purple Pinkie, great idea to hold one right outside the doors going into the dinner. Not sure exactly who went out and got the purple finger nail polish, but it was better than the markers. People were lined up to get their pinkie painted. One attendee actually had his toe painted. The donation was $10, I also added "End Polio Now" pins for anyone who donated. My vest added to the look of the table. The total raised was over $800 and that was in less than 2 hours!!!


Across from the Purple Pinkie table I worked with Jim Spires and Dick Biondo at the silent auction site. Most items were donated by the Cape Henry Club which were from their own canceled auction. There were quite a range of items, from dolls, framed photos, vacation stays and tools. We oversaw the auction and at 8:00 closed out the auction with just about all the over 125 items having bids. Leaving at 8:30 I did not see how much was raised but I think it was close to $2000.
Fantastic job to the 7600 District Conference Committee on a successful conference and thank you for letting me be a part of your event.

No comments:

Post a Comment